Monday, December 3, 2007

#19 Discovering Web 2.0


So many things to see, so little time ...

Clipmarks

Clipmarks appealed to me. Basically, you can 'clip' the best of your discoveries on the web and post them to your blog, or add to a public file, or build your own searchable file. It struck me because I find I have a fair number of visitors to our library who ask me how to send something they've found to someone else. Or they might want to print just a particular part of a web page. And sometimes it's tricky to help them in just the way they need. So maybe this is the tool that would be help.

There is also something quirky about electronically doing these things. Don't we all have a family member who cuts articles from the paper and sends them via snail mail? What's that old saying about no new ideas?

No comments: